- Define a key for a path resource
- Use a key for a path resource
- Define a key for a text string resource
- Use a key for a text string resource
- Assemble key definitions in a submap
A DITA key is a placeholder for short text strings and file paths (or URLs). When you create a reusable topic, you can use keys in places where the text strings or file paths are different each time the topic is used. You define the final value for a key in a DITA map. When the reusable topic is used in different maps, the key values can be defined differently in each map.
This lesson describes how to define and use keys for short text strings and file paths.